- NIGHT OWL ON THE PROWL (July 30)
- BIKING TOUR OF BELGRADE II (July 29)
- THE NIGHT OF THE 3 MOONS (July 26)
- BLOOD MOON AND RED PLANET DANCE TONIGHT (JULY 27)
- 1968: THE SUMMER OF LOVE AND WAR (July 26 at ALTZAR.NET)
- JE ME SOUVIENS… I REMEMBER (July 23, TRUTHINMEDIA.NET)
- VISIT TO ANCESTORS’ GRAVE SPAWNS SERIES OF EXCITING EVENTS (July 22)
- FINISHED! END OF A 5-WEEK PROJECT (July 25)
- VISIT TO “TAŠMAJDAN BEACH,” NATO WAR MEMORIAL (July 20)
- SERBIA REMEMBERS NIKOLAI II… AND HONORS RUSSIAN CZAR AND HIS FAMILY, SLAIN 100 YEARS AGO (July 17 – at TRUTH IN MEDIA)
- NIGHTTIME WALK THROUGH DOWNTOWN BELGRADE (July 16)
- BIKING TOUR OF BELGRADE (July 14)
- BIKING TOUR OF BELGRADe II (July 29)
- WALKING TOUR OF BELGRADE (July 13)
- PACHELBEL STRING QUARTET AND MY PHONE RINGTONE – CANON IN D! (July 8)
- GREETINGS FROM BELGRADE! (July 4)
Music & spirituality – at ALTZAR.NET:
- BARCAROLLE FROM “TALES OF HOFMANN” (July 31)
- CHURCH BELLS OF ST DEMETRIUS MORPH INTO SMETANA’S “MА VLAST” (July 29)
- BURN THE EARTH (Brucia la Terra) (July 27)
- HOFMANN IN BELGRADE: FIRST SOUNDS OF MY NEWLY TUNED PIANO (July 25)
- THE SWAN IN BELGRADE (July 18)
- A “HOLY” MORNING (July 15)
- INAUGURAL BELGRADE “SOIRÉE MUSIQUE” (July 11)
- THREE PIANO MUSKETEERS’ HUNT FOR A WHITE MUSIC ANGEL… (July 7)
An American in Serbia: From a Writer’s Notebook
July 21, 2018
In early May, I took off from my home in Arizona on “Spontaneity Trip of a Lifetime.” I knew my first destination – Belgrade, Serbia – but had no idea where I would end up after that (see- EUROPE 2018: FIRST STOP BELGRADE, THEN WHAT? AN AMAZING SPIRITUAL JOURNEY, NOT “JUST” AN OVERSEAS TRIP).
The upshot of that trip was the spirit guidance I received in Serbia that I return to my native city and spent the next six months at my new flat in the heart of the Old Town (Stari Grad). The mission: Help raise the vibration and spiritual consciousness of the Serbian people (see EPILOGUE: AN AMAZING SPIRITUAL JOURNEY, NOT “JUST” AN OVERSEAS TRIP).
And so now that I have been in Belgrade for several weeks, I have been living that dream. Every day has been a blast. And I have been sharing my experiences with my friends and the world through this blog.
I have been also receiving many flattering comments from readers, especially the Belgrade residents. Here’s what a neighbor of mine recently wrote to me, for example:
FRIEND [Jul 19, 2018]: Judging by your Journal, I feel as if we don’t live in the same city 😉…
BOB [Jul 19, 2018]: Why not?
FRIEND [Jul 19, 2018]: Because you take part in so many events that I would never have heard of had I not seen your pictures…
Others have told me similar things, both verbally and in writing. Which gave birth to an idea this morning that maybe I should start formally a Belgrade Journal as a regular column at this website. And perhaps even syndicate it through other media, both in English and in Serbian (if I can find a good translator as I used to have when I had regular columns at Beograd.com many years ago.
What do you think of the idea? To reply, go to the bottom of this page…
Leave a Reply
… and send me your comment. Thank you.
In the meantime, I have already incorporated here the recent stories from my Belgrade Journal which you can access below.